Friday, December 7, 2012

I have created bookmarks for my students to introduce the concept of METIS and to help prepare them for this transition. Our habits of finding things by location will be thoroughly altered as this rolls out. I assured them that we were doing this in pieces and were trying to be systematic, but change can be messy, just like research! We will always find what they are looking for, but it may be a little bumpy for a while.

I offered them the example of the Military dog book with the tank on the cover and asked... B Machines Military?, F Pets Dogs??, or K Community Military??? I loved the discussion! The bottom, line, even if we do not find the perfect spot for everything, my students are helping make the decisions.

I am giddy with excitement and enthusiasm and cannot get this done fast enough!